Check out the top 15 most influential and thought provoking books in the life of Jim Bradford - Dean, Professor of Management, Past President & CEO...
The Last Lion: Winston Spencer Churchill: Alone, 1932-1940 by William Manchester
Winston S. Churchill
River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze by Peter Hessler
"The American appetite for loneliness impressed me, and there was something about this solitude that freed conversation. One night at a bar, I met a man, and within five minutes he explained that he had just been released from prison. Another drinker told me that his wife had passed away, and he had recently suffered a heart attack, and now he hoped that he would die within the year. I learned that there's no reliable small talk in America; at any moment a conversation can become personal." - Peter Hessler
River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze - Buy it Now at Amazon.com
Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
"Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed... We simply need that wild country available to us, even if we never do more than drive to its edge and look in." - Wallace Stegner
12 More Influential Books in Jim Bradford's Life
- The Poisonwood Bible: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver
- Collected Letters of E. B. White
- A Timbered Choir: The Sabbath Poems 1979-1997 by Wendell Berry
- The Selected Poems of Wendell Berry
- A World Lit Only by Fire: The Medieval Mind and the Renaissance by William Manchester
- The Last Lion: Winston Spencer Churchill: Visions of Glory by William Manchester
- Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
- Country Driving by Peter Hessler
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- Beowulf: A New Verse Translation by Seamus Heaney
- Prodigal Summer: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Holy Bible
Bio of Jim Bradford: Jim serves the role of an incredible leadership figure at the Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management. Here he is the Dean and currently serves as the Ralph Owen Professor for the Practice of Management.
Jim previously served as president and CEO of United Glass Corporation and AFG Industries, Inc. - North America's largest vertically integrated glass manufacturing and fabrication company.
He is currently serving on the board of directors for several great companies and organizations including CLARCOR Inc., Genesco, Granite Construction, and the Graduate Management Admissions Council. Jim also serves on the advisory boards of Harpeth Capital and the Nashville Health Care Council.
Learn more about Professor Jim Bradford at Vanderbilt University's website here!